Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let’s get creative 10: challenges to spark your creativity


Let’s get creative: 10 challenges to spark your creativity 

I’ve been working on various ways to get the mind in an creative mood. I came up with a few challenges that would spark creativity, and improve your artistic skills. For my workshop I picked one of the 10 challenges, the Colour Scheme Challenge. (10 challenges are found below)

The colour scheme challenge is actually pretty self-explanatory, you use a colour scheme to draw. The idea is that you pick 3 to 6 colours to make a drawing with. The best way to do this, is with painting in shapes rather than with lines, this way you unlock the full potential of this challenge.

I made a psd. document, found below, that could be used to do this challenge. I picked six colour scheme which each contained five colours. Another option was to use a selection of promarkers I brought. People could pick up to 6 colours to use on an art piece. The idea is the same, but without the amazing function of ctrl + Z.

Link to the full 10 challenges here
Link to the colour challenge here

- Susan

6 comments:

  1. This is a very nice challenge to broaden your view on colour use and implementation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give this a go, pretty cool idea thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll have fun with them! I had great fun combining the different challenges and trying them out. Would love to see some of your results in the future. :)

      - Susan

      Delete
  3. Great ideas! hopefully I'll get some new inspiration out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I going to give this a chance, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas and I will definitly be trying these!

    ReplyDelete